Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to attend GYHS2015?
- All middle and high school students, undergraduate and professional college students from any university
- Parents, educators, any adults interested in #YouthInHealth
- Healthcare professionals
When and where will the GYHS2015 take place?
- GYHS2015 is Saturday, September 26, 2015, from 10 AM until 4 PM, at Emory University's Goodrich C. White Hall (301 Dowman Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30322).
What should I bring with me to the conference?
- Please plan to bring your own pens, paper, technology, etc.
What is the dress code for the conference?
- Dress code is business casual. Business casual for both ladies and gentlemen can mean wearing dress pants (khakis are acceptable) with a nice shirt (short or long sleeve and for gentlemen, with a collar). Ladies may also consider wearing a dress or a skirt with a nice shirt.
As a Youth Fellow, how will I benefit from attending the GYHS2015?
- Become a part of the #YouthInHealth community movement.
- Understand the process of serving and leading selflessly.
- Be involved in stimulating discussions about current #YouthInHealth topics.
- Identify and connect with mentors in healthcare related fields.
- Network with prominent local and national healthcare professionals and leaders.
- Receive a certificate.
How do I register? What are the fees?
- Please visit our registration pages. The Youth Fellow registration fee is $15, while the Attendee registration fee is $25.
I have special dietary needs. Will there be food available to suit my needs?
- We will do our best to accommodate special dietary needs, provided you convey your dietary requirements as early as possible (preferably during early registration).
Where is parking available in the event the designated parking lot is full when I arrive?
- Free parking is available for the event.
- The Oxford Road Parking Deck is located at 1390 Oxford Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30322.
- Overflow parking will be at the Fishburne Parking Deck located at 1672 North Decatur Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30322.
What is the basic location of GYHS2015?
- GYHS2015 will be held in the heart of Atlanta, the public health hub of the South and central to Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health; Georgia Institute of Technology; and Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Where can I find accommodations?